I enjoy reading all kinds of books. When we read we can learn a lot about life and even people. I want to share my top 5 spiritual books.
1) Bible – The word of God is the most important book that anyone could ever read. It brings me great encouragement, inspiration, correction and education. My favorite book in the bible is psalms, but I also like reading the proverbs. There are many topical stories and lessons in the bible that can help everyone with navigating through everyday life.
2) Divine by Karen Kingsbury
This was the first Karen Kingsbury book that I’ve ever read. While reading this book, I was in tears at certain points. As an empathetic person I definitely felt the pain of the troubled woman in the story.
3) Breaking Free by Beth Moore
Beth Moore is one of my favorite bible teachers! The words God speaks through her gives life and hope. Breaking Free taught me a lot about the different challenges and struggles many of us face in life and it also taught me about having liberty in Christ. At the time I was going through this study, it helped me realize,recognize and work on things in my own life. This book is a great book to read and study.
4) Grace for the Good Girl by Emily P. Freeman
It’s something special about Emily P. Freeman’s writing. When I read her words a sense of calmness fills my space. I’m a good girl in recovery and I’m learning to embrace God’s grace.
5) Notes to Aspiring Writers by Brooke L. McGlothlin
As a young and developing writer, this book has opened my eyes to what this writing journey is all about. God’s plan is the best direction to take. Writing is my calling and I’m learning to trust God with the adventures. I recommend this book to all aspiring and developing writers. This book has me going back to find encouragement that speaks to me deeply.
What are 5 books that you enjoy reading?