Stress and anxiety can have an effect on anyone. It doesn’t matter how optimistic or well intention (these are great practices) we are, our bodies, minds and souls need attention, care and renewal. Stress and anxiety at high levels interfere in all areas including relationships, performance/efficiency, health, energy/alertness and more.
When I’m at high levels of stress and/or anxiety, I find it difficult to cope and continue on. The wonderful news is that stress and anxiety can be reduced and relieved in how we live in our daily lifestyle.
1) Rest & Relax: When we are buzzing around as if we have a never-ending boost, we soon notice the oncoming burnout breaking through our way. Sometimes a simple lay down can work wonders. Burnout can be experienced at any age or life stage. When enough is enough is just that…. enough!
2) Feed Your Soul: Just like our natural bodies need to be fed to function properly, our souls need nourishment, substance and nurturing. What we feed our souls with matters 100%. The Word of God, devotionals, music, declarations, prayer, meditation and more are ways we can spiritually feed our souls.
3) Leave It Alone!: There are some things we just have to learn to leave alone. I find it difficult to do just that when I just care and think about so much. When we take on what God needs to take on and handle, we find ourselves weighted down. Let’s leave it to the Father.
4) Watch it!: The things we need to watch and look for are very important in our growth, development and stability. What are we putting in? What is coming out? If it doesn’t belong, we simply just need to be more careful and attentive.
5) Take Your Time!: My generation of young adults and the young children and teens behind us are used to quickness and speed. Things don’t just always come right away and they don’t just appear out of nowhere. All of us in any life stage needs to take our time in every way.
What are some ways you reduce stress and anxiety?