So far in my journey, I have done various kinds of short – term, temporary, part-time and volunteer work. This is my time for practice and preparation for the future God has for me. The present and future may not look the way we want it to, but that doesn’t mean that it’s not worth taking the ride through. The curvy lines, bumps, pleasant and unpleasant experiences all bring forth lessons for us to learn and apply. Below are some highlight lessons to consider.
1) Difficult and challenging tasks are meant to bring out the best in you. Smooth and easy will keep one in the same place, but rough and prickly is beauty and wonderful discovery in disguise.
2) Have gratitude for the small accomplishments and step by step growth. So often we can look for the “big” or “huge”, but never see and give thanks for the simple steps forward. Process involves pressure, but also includes a bountiful jewel in the making.
3) Don’t stay stuck looking for normal. What is normal? When you are called to be extraordinary expect the unusual and remarkable to show up.
4) Mistakes are apart of effort developed into effectiveness. No one just gets everything down perfectly and completely. Allow the mistakes to bring out improvement and growth for God alone.
5) Be the support and love to yourself. It’s natural to want it from others, but when it doesn’t come(both intentionally or unintentionally) or there’s a lack of it, show it to yourself. Be kind and loving to yourself.
What are some lessons you have learned from and through work?