The reality is that we don’t all look the same, act the same, think the same and have the exact same things in common. Below are some highlight lessons to consider from differences.
1) Differences teach us how to break out of comfort zones. If we always stick with what we are comfortable with, that can become a hindrance to learning and growth.
2) There are often similarities even in the midst of differences. We all have unique parts of ourselves. Sometimes when we take a deeper look at our interests, environments and lifestyles, there can be similar experiences.
3) We don’t have to have a lot in common to unite. Sometimes differences are a challenge for some to unite with others. We don’t have to compromise who we are, what we believe and our standards to love, share, give, receive and learn.
4) Outward appearance is not the complete story or information. There is usually more to why people do what they do.
5) Diversity can be used as a tool to bring about courage, change and compassion. Our differences can be the very instrument to help and serve others.
What are some lessons that you have learned about diversity?