Opening up is not always comfortable and easy for me to do. In fact sometimes being closed, having my guard up or a wall in place seems safer. So when I’m in a place where I begin to open up in a good way that’s the work of God in me. I don’t believe that we should open up to everyone and everything as that can be dangerous. We do have to be careful.
I’ve allowed negative and bad experiences to keep me in that shell and closed place. I find it difficult to trust in certain situations. Because every time I let that guard down or open up something usually happens to disappoint and most times it seems too soon and frequent. There are times I have thought ‘When will something go right and good without being quickly interrupted.’ Through God I get to that place where I begin to hunger and thirst. Those hunger pains are good, that’s where we can be filled with the power of God. That thirst of desperation is meant to lead us to God.
As we open up we can find that even when we are broken, God begins to come in and take control. An encounter with Him brings the spiritual refreshment and transformation that we need. We don’t need to stop there, because the truth is there will still be highs and lows and we still need to learn how to godly open up when we are in a low place.
Opening up allows God to remove and tear away those outer layers of bondage.
Opening up is where I learn to release fears and frustrations.
Opening up is where my true identity begins to show and shine for the glory of God.
Opening up helps me to accept what is beyond me to change or control.
Opening up lets me know God will bring the right experiences at the right time.
Opening up is where I find my delight and joy in the Lord.
So when I open up to God and His Spirit there’s some incredible things He does just to be how mighty He is. When we carefully open up to people and release those things that have hurt us and wounded us, the love of God can do wonders. There are times where we may still feel previous emotions and face disappointment , but we don’t have to or need to stay there. Just push to open up to the Lord…just let his rushing wind and power flow over us, in us and out of us to reach others for His Kingdom.
Sometimes my passion is at a high, other times its at a low and sometimes it seems to disappear. Passion with all it’s brightness and love works along with zeal to assist with the outcome of something. What is your passion? Where is your passion?
Often times our passion needs to be rekindled by the power of God. When our passion seems to be at a low or not even there we can feel like we are depleted, ineffective and messed up. We may have some questions like, how did I get here? What did I do wrong? Will this ever change? Below are some highlights to consider in rekindling passion.
Reach Up: Worship that is persistent will do powerful things. It will lift one from the dumps, to desperation and then to deliverance. When we feel like our passion is no longer there we have to move beyond what we are going through and reach up to God.
Reach In: What is that desire or longing that we have? Look inwardly and see why we have it? Is it something good or godly? Where can these longings be filled? The truth is when we are deeply longing for something, that is our time to pursue God more, spend more time with Him and seek for more of Him.
Reach Out: It is important that when our passion is at a low or seems to be gone, we must reach out to others. We must become more aware and see who we can touch, help, inspire, talk with and fellowship with.
How is your passion for life and purpose doing? What are some ways do you seek to rekindle passion?
Love is something that everyone wants and needs. Most want to know and see that those who matter to them and are around them love them. No one likes to sense or feel that they are unloved. Below are some lessons from love to consider.
1) Love can be a challenge for some in certain circumstances and requires denying of self.Not everyone can easily show love when facing what they don’t like or don’t understand. It’s still possible for them to do so as self is laid down.
2) Love has a strength that looks past imperfection and makes an effort to look to see the good and beauty of the person. This doesn’t mean we don’t deal with what needs to be dealt with, but that we are able to genuinely embrace the good.
3) People will fail at loving and the only perfect love can truly come from God. Just because someone is loving at a moment doesn’t mean they will never fall short at some point. Look and find perfect love in God.
4) Love is not always glittery. This is not to say that love is dull. How a person is handled will show whether love was the motivation behind it or not. This is to say that sometimes when someone genuinely tells us what is needed at the right time, they are doing it because they really love us.
5) All kinds of God given and ordained love is needed and should be celebrated. Often times the romantic type of love gets a lot of attention as if other kinds is pushed to the side. All kinds of God given and ordained love is important and should be celebrated.
What are some lessons you have learned or are learning from love?