Victory has won. What a joyful morning it was when Jesus was no longer in the grave. He was born to rise. Praise God Jesus rose and conquered sin and death that didn’t have the power to keep Him dead. Jesus got the keys of hell and death so that we don’t have to ever enter that place of everlasting torment. Our Savior is alive! Our Savior defeated everything that Satan tried to do and is still trying to do. Below are some highlighted points to consider on the victorious resurrection of Jesus Christ.
1) Death could not hold the Son of God’s body down and the stone that was heavy was not a problem that could stop God’s power.
Some thought that when Jesus died that was it. No! His Father is stronger and powerful than death which makes Jesus stronger and powerful than death. Nothing can get in God’s way for His purpose to unfold.
2) Everything that Jesus said will take place, never falls short and when it comes to pass it is a reminder that He is TRUTH. In Luke 24 the angel told the women “He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee, Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.” The bible also says they remembered his words.
3) Nothing that is buried in our lives that needs to rise has to stay that way. Because Jesus rose from a buried state and has all power, whatever is buried in our lives that needs resurrection can rise above defeat, difficulty, struggle and more.
4) Jesus’ resurrection and good news is for all believers to spread and tell others. Mary Magdalene, Joanna and Mary the mother of James are examples of believers who went out and told the apostles. So must we go out and tell others of Jesus and His gospel. It’s their choice to make whether to believe and accept or not, but we must do our part.
During this time of holy week, we take the time to reflect and express gratitude for the greatest sacrifice our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ done on the cross. In this world many make so many sacrifices to help themselves, their families and others, but not one earthly sacrifice can compare to this highest sacrifice. I don’t think we as humans can fully comprehend Christ’s love for us. Below are some highlighted points to consider about this greatest sacrifice.
1) Humility was displayed so that we could have beyond what we deserved. This sacrifice took humility. Jesus laid down His life so that we can experience abundant and enteral life. He put aside himself , his feelings and all the suffering He endured.
2) Jesus suffered in pain so that we could receive healing. The lashes on His body and all the pain He was put in He embraced it so that when we are sick or hurting physically, emotionally, spiritually and mentally we can experience the healing that came through His stripes.
3) He took on the shame so that we could be forgiven. It was all those that put Him up on the cross that sinned and all of His human creation who sinned and deserved death and hell. Jesus was laughed at, mocked and accused of things that He didn’t do. He was willing to go through all of those things so that our sins won’t be held and counted against us.
4) Jesus felt and experienced on the cross everything we would feel, go through and so much more than anybody could suffer. The bible says Jesus is acquainted with grief. He knows what it’s like to be rejected, hated, and betrayed.
5) All those who believe and receive Jesus has something so magnificent that they will receive FREELY that this world could never give them. For those that continue to refuse Jesus and what He has freely done for them, the good things on this earth will just be it for them. Those that receive Jesus and accept the free gift of salvation has something much more meaningful, precious and worthwhile to look forward to beyond the good things on this earth.