In the bible the major themes in exodus such as the bondage of the Israelites, Moses called by God to lead the children of Israel out of Egypt, the plagues that took place because of Pharaoh’s hardened heart, God giving Moses the Ten Commandments and the tabernacle being built have very valuable lessons in those recordings and biblical stories. According to 1 Kings 6: 1, the exodus took place 480 years before the construction with Solomon’s temple. Although in 1 Kings the number is symbolic and shows representation of twelve generations of forty years each. Below are some highlight lessons from exodus to consider.
`1) It’s better to look foolish and do what God is telling us, then to look good and ignore God’s will.
2) Freedom starts in our minds and hearts and then manifests on the outward.
3) Our desert experiences are needed for us to reach others and for God to work through us.
4) Sometimes the very thing that we desire, love or want we must move on from in the process of reaching what God desires for us.
5) We must move into God’s will with total surrender even when it looks dark around us.
6) It’s ok to have questions and concerns, but we must never turn away from God in our cares.
7) In the midst of what seems like nothing, God shows up with more than something. He shows Himself to truly be all sufficient.
8) Rushing ahead of God to make yourself happy and satisfied leads to serious consequences.
9) Hearts are revealed in times of waiting.
10) Our own way will often lead to devastation.