Prayer is a spiritual discipline that all believers and Christ followers must exercise and operate in. There are many kinds of prayers including warfare, declaration, intercession, confession, and thanksgiving. There are various lessons and instructions in the bible teaching us how to pray.
We must keep our connection with God and one of the most effective ways of doing so is through talking with Him and sitting to listen to what He is saying to us. Interceding on behalf of others is something that needs to be a priority in our lives and it must become a godly habit to look out for the next person. Below are some highlighted lessons from prayer to consider.
1) Passionate prayers from the righteous are of great advantage(James 5:16). Do you take pleasure in talking to the Lord? Are you enthusiastic about coming before the Lord in prayer? It’s not about what we show outwardly, but more with what’s truly taking place inwardly.
2) To obtain the mercy and grace we need, we must come boldly before God(Hebrews 4:16). Boldness displays our courage and confidence in God. When we come boldly before God we step up in the midst of whatever is going on and believe in God to do what He promised He will do.
3) We must make every effort to get our heart right with God. There are hindrances that become road blocks in our prayer life and become barriers from us seeing the manifestation of what God desires to manifest amongst His creation. Any sin, holding on to offense, disobedience and nursing of wounds(instead of allowing God’s healing to flow) can cause delays and interruptions along the way.
4) Praying God’s will which is in His word will accomplish much(Isaiah 55: 11). Nothing beats praying the will of God. During our prayer time we must get rid of or throw out any unscriptural opinions or ungodly requests.
5) Be specific in your requests, expressions and petitions. It’s ok to tell God exactly what’s on your heart and mind. Yes, He already knows, but He wants us to give Him our all and that includes our cares and concerns.
How has the power of prayer impacted your life? What are some lessons that you have learned through praying?