As believers and disciples of Jesus Christ, we are commanded to evangelize the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. There are effective ways to share the good news of the Gospel with other unbelievers. The bible is our tool when we go out fishing for the lost and love is our bait in drawing people to Christ. Below are some highlighted lessons through evangelism.
1) The Gospel of Jesus Christ is for everyone. According to Mark 16: 15 we are to preach the gospel to everyone that we have an opportunity to do so. It doesn’t have to be fancy or huge in any way. It could be the simplest statement of words that causes someone to consider and/or question what you said that could potentially have impact that leads them to Jesus.
2) Compassion towards unbelievers is vital to reach them. It is important that we allow people to share with us what’s on their heart. We don’t always have to reply to everything, but sometimes just listening with compassion and care makes much of a difference. As we listen God will allow opportunities for us to plant a seed in them in whatever way He directs us.
3) There is plenty of work to do for the Kingdom of God, but few workers who have a willing heart to do the work. (Matthew 9: 37 – 38) Do we have a willing heart that will go out and win souls for Jesus Christ? A willing heart will do just that.
4) Through the power of God we must become set apart and dedicate our lives for serving. (1 Peter 3: 15) Disciples are to walk in the way of Jesus Christ and holy living. They must become a servant.
5) We need the power of the Holy Ghost when going out to evangelize. The power of the Holy Ghost moves differently in each believer. There can be many blockages in someone that can quench or hinder the power of the Holy Ghost from operating in their life. Every Christ follower can boldly ask to be filled and refilled with the Holy Ghost. Don’t be discouraged if you have not yet seen the manifestation. Keep asking and seeking the Lord.
6) Every believer must stay watchful and don’t give in when we face afflictions.(2 Timothy 4: 5) The devil doesn’t stop his work of wickedness and evil so we must always keep watch and stay faithful to God even when we go through.
7) Keep praying and always give thanks.(Colossians 4: 2 -6) We must never stop praying in our service and must always have thanks in our hearts.
8) In order to effectively share the good news we must be students of God’s Word.(2 Timothy 2: 15) Studying the bible is extremely important as disciples. Sometimes tiredness, busyness and other distractions will try to creep in, but we have to learn to refocus as students. We don’t have to be the smartest, be the best verbal speaker or have the highest intellect in order to work for the Lord. Remember God can use that which seems foolish!