Discipleship is not a choice for the believer. It’s actually a command. God wouldn’t tell us to do something that has no purpose or meaning. There are many benefits through discipleship for the Kingdom of God. After all what matters most is the Kingdom.
A disciple for Christ follows Jesus and lives a lifestyle of operating in the will of God. They have a heart to please God. Discipleship involves going to make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and teaching according to the great commission in Matthew 28: 18 -20. Below are some highlighted points to consider on the benefits of discipleship.
1) Discipleship points people to Christ. There is no greater solution than to turn to Christ. At the end of it all Christ is all-powerful and rules and reign above everything.
2) Discipleship leads people to the truth. Many different opinions and beliefs float around the world today, but it’s the truth from the living God that can only redeem.
3) Discipleship directs God’s people towards God’s purposes. We as believers are here on this earth to walk in God’s purposes and a great way to encourage it in the next person is through discipleship.
4) Discipleship equips for ministry. Those that are in relationship with God are not on earth just to exist, but to operate in the Divine calling that God has assigned to us.
5) Discipleship unites people to stand together. Through teaching, training and mentoring believers grow, learn and develop in unity for the Lord.