Opression is all around in this world. Emotional , physical, financial and mental opression occur in the lives of many. In the Psalms David asks for deliverance from the opression of man. “Order my steps in thy word : and let not iniquity have dominion over me. Deliver me from the opression of man : so I will keep thy precepts. “(Psalm 119:133 & 134) Throughout the psalms David asks for deliverance from his enemies and troubles.
We face enemies and troubles of all kinds in our lives and there is no better way than to call upon the Lord during these times.
The victory has already been won. Jesus won it through one death, burial and ressurrection! The blood covered it all! Praise God! Putting on the whole armor of God prepares us to walk in the victory that has already been won for us.
When we are putting on the armor of the Lord we are putting on the Lord Jesus Christ like the word instructs us to. (Romans 13:12 & 14) Below are some prayer points to consider as we put on the whole armor for spiritual battle.
1) Truth : As we pray in spiritual warfare we must have our loins fasten with truth. Truth which is the Word of God must be within us so that the lies of the enemy don’t have root in our hearts which hinders the flow of the Holy Spirit in our lives.
2) Righteousness : Our chest must be covered in righteousness. As we interceed we must be sober, walk in faith and love and apply the Word in our lifestyles.
3) Readiness: Our feet must have readiness and stability with the preparation of the gospel of peace so that we can stand firmly during testing and trouble. We won’t be moved in prayer and spiritual warfare when it gets difficult. God will give us hinds feet for high places.
4) Faith : We need to shield ourselves with faith against the fiery darts of the wicked. As we pray and war in the Spirit we need faith as our defense.
5) Salavation : Our head must be covered with Salvation. Helmets in the natural are made to protect the head from any danger or harm . So in the Spirit we need to wear our helmet of salvation in battle from danger and harm.
6) Word of God: We need our sword of the Spirit as our authority and power in intercession as we decree and declare.