The publishing and writing industry has great creative times and it also has challenges that comes with being a part of it. As a published author and writer, I’ve experienced both sides and have learned and am learning through the process of writing and publishing. Below are some highlighted lessons to consider on publishing.
1) Always have a detailed plan that includes a marketing strategy. Whether you write books, articles or blog posts – the message and information can reach its audience when its targeted to readers effectively.
2) Give yourself extra time for the planning and preparation stages. Sometimes delays happen beyond a person’s control and things go wrong. Having extra time allows enough time to make changes and be organized.
3) Don’t look for major results in the beginning of something new. The little results eventually build up over time. Give it time.
4) Don’t place the value of yourself and your work based on sales and approval of people. Money and popularity doesn’t determine the quality, it may just show how well liked and well received a person is. Even ones that are well liked and well received have people who don’t approve of them and what they are doing.
5) There’s always something new to learn and try in the publishing and writing industry. Always be open to learn and try new ways to grow as a writer and/or author.
What are some lessons have you learned through/about publishing?