One of the greatest hindrances that can happen on our prayer journey is holding on to grudges, hurts and offenses. No one is exempt from being hurt and mistreated. In fact often times hurt is a cycle where those who have deeply hurt us are deeply hurting and pass that hurt on to the next person. Forgiveness isn’t so easy when there is a wound that seems to have no time to heal before another thing hits hard. But that doesn’t mean forgiveness isn’t possible. In fact the cross shows us forgiveness is possible! On our own and in our flesh we can be enslaved to hurt, pain and offense. But with all that Christ has done for us we can be free to forgive. Below are some highlighted points to consider on giving and receiving mercy and grace.
Prayer Point: “Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.”(Matthew 6: 12)
Receiving mercy and grace: Sin is a debt that we as humans cannot pay. But there is a loving Savior who is without sin that was sent to earth to pay that debt. Jesus suffered, died, rose and ascended into heaven all for us; in spite of our shortcomings. So when we pray for mercy and grace the gift of forgiveness replaces the captivity of sin and death(spiritual death). We are not under the curse of the law as some were in the bible times, but we have been redeemed! Hallelujah! Jesus became that curse for us so that we can be free!!! (Galatians 3:13)He thought that much about us to go through what mankind deserved.
Giving mercy and grace: Giving goes far beyond just visual and physical means. Forgiveness is a choice in the sense that we can choose to give and receive or we can choose to not give and not receive. We have to choose to surrender our heart, attitude and actions to God’s will in order to be transformed from being enslaved to hurt, pain and offense to being liberated to extend grace and mercy. In our human minds we will at times remember the hurt, pain and offense, but right there and then we can respond in that grace and mercy. We can tell ourselves “Grace covered that!” “Mercy has got that!”
May we be receivers of mercy and grace and be givers of mercy and grace!
Declaration: I receive grace and mercy into my heart and I give grace and mercy from my heart.
Discipleship is not a choice for the believer. It’s actually a command. God wouldn’t tell us to do something that has no purpose or meaning. There are many benefits through discipleship for the Kingdom of God. After all what matters most is the Kingdom.
A disciple for Christ follows Jesus and lives a lifestyle of operating in the will of God. They have a heart to please God. Discipleship involves going to make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and teaching according to the great commission in Matthew 28: 18 -20. Below are some highlighted points to consider on the benefits of discipleship.
1) Discipleship points people to Christ. There is no greater solution than to turn to Christ. At the end of it all Christ is all-powerful and rules and reign above everything.
2) Discipleship leads people to the truth. Many different opinions and beliefs float around the world today, but it’s the truth from the living God that can only redeem.
3) Discipleship directs God’s people towards God’s purposes. We as believers are here on this earth to walk in God’s purposes and a great way to encourage it in the next person is through discipleship.
4) Discipleship equips for ministry. Those that are in relationship with God are not on earth just to exist, but to operate in the Divine calling that God has assigned to us.
5) Discipleship unites people to stand together. Through teaching, training and mentoring believers grow, learn and develop in unity for the Lord.
Introduction: The intro gives a compelling upbeat of why the listener should listen to the message of the song. Titled song ‘LOVE’, briefly gives you an idea of the tune being about God’s love and how no other love compares to it.
Melody & Rhythm: The melody and rhythm are of a speedy paced nature and the instruments that are apart of the melody beautifully combines together.
Vocals: The singer’s vocals are smooth and powerful at the same time.
Instrumental & Digital Effects: The drums stand out in the background and enhances the song’s sound.
Structure of the Song: I think that the song was organized very well and neat. The track has been recorded with order and flows smoothly throughout the entire song.
Performance & Song Potential: I believe that the overall song is excellent and has been written, sung and recorded professionally. Love has the potential to reach a larger audience and to hit the top of the music charts.
Listen to ‘LOVE’ and more of Kwest’s music on YouTube. Click here to listen to ‘LOVE’.
As we continue in our lifestyle of prayer, another focus we can put into practice is to petition for ourselves and for others. Simply meaning making requests and asking God to move on our behalf concerning personal and public matters to do with yourself, family, friends, body of Christ , government and the world. Below is our prayer point and highlighted points to consider.
Prayer Point: Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
What is God’s Kingdom?: According to Romans 14:17, the Kingdom of God is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost.
How is God’s will done in earth?: Through willing people. Whoever is available to be used by Him.
Meditation: Abba Father, I pray that your righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost be manifested in my life, family, friends, body of Christ and in this entire world. Father I pray that we will be yielding vessels that are available for your will to be done through us and in us. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
I want to encourage everyone to continue to petition as the Holy Spirit leads them. Sometimes God will place specific people and situations on our hearts to intercede on. We must always keep ourselves covered in the powerful blood of Jesus. Those attacks and schemes of the enemy that come after servants of God, prayer warriors and intercessors petition can sometimes be dangerous to the mind, spirit and body. War in Jesus against evil forces and remember the blood of Jesus will never fail you!
A lifestyle of prayer is developed over time as we grow in our relationship with God. Each person’s prayer life is personal and between them and the Lord. In Matthew 6, the Lord’s prayer is an outline and example of how we should pray. Praying is not for show of how much spiritual one is neither is it for competition to be better than the next person.
God knows the things that we need, so when we pray we can have assurance that God hears and knows before we even ask Him. Below is our highlighted prayer point and some points to consider about it.
Prayer Point: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
1) God Our Father: A father protects, provides and cares for their child or children.
2) Acknowledge: When we pray we can acknowledge that God is our Father and who He is to us as our Heavenly Father.
- El Shaddai – The Almighty God(Genesis 17:1)
- El Elyon – The Most High God(Genesis 14:18)
- Adonai – Lord God(Genesis 15:2)
- Yahweh – Lord(Genesis 2:4)
- Jehovah Nissi – God is My Banner(Exodus 17:15)
- Jehovah Raah – God is My Shepherd(Psalm 23:1)
- Jehovah Rapha – God Heals(Exodus 15:26)
- Jehovah Shammah – The Lord is There(Ezekiel 48: 35)
- Jehovah Tsidkenu – The Lord Our Righteousness(Jeremiah 23: 6)
- Jehovah Mekoddishkem -The Lord Who Sanctifies(Exodus 31:13)
- El Olam – The Everlasting God(Genesis 21:33)
- Elohim – God(Genesis 1:1)
- Qanna – Jealous God(Exodus 20:5)
- Jehovah Jireh – God is My Provider(Genesis 22:14)
- Jehovah Shalom- God is My Peace(Judges 6:24)
- Jehovah Sabaoth – The Lord of Hosts(1Samuel 1:3)
Meditation: God I acknowledge you as my Father. You are El Shaddai who is almighty and powerful in every way. Most High God thank you for your sovereignty that is over everything. Lord you are my Master who reigns and rules. God you are my banner and you cover me victoriously. Lord you promised to be my shepherd therefore I know you will care for me. Jehovah Rapha you are healing me cause you are the greatest physician that never stops running out. Lord you are always there when I need you and you will never abandon me. God you are our righteousness who washes us from all unrighteousness. Everlasting Father you are my only God and therefore I will worship you alone. God my provider you promised to provide for me therefore you will also be my peace. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!
Every person wants to have a certain level of being accepted and chosen at some point. Maybe you have a heart desire, dream and vision. Things may seem like a HUGE X everywhere you go and look. Well guess what? There’s an acceptance and chosen place for you! No matter how much others may dismiss you or not see/embrace the potential and jewels inside of you. Below are some highlighted points on being accepted and chosen in Christ.
1) God gave His ONLY Son for you! God accepts you and wants you so much that He gave up something so precious and greater than us so that we can have everlasting life.(John 3:16)
2) Our Heavenly Father will never cast us out when we come to Him and we will receive all that He gives us. This is great news that in Christ we are never casted out, thrown out and pushed aside. All the Father gives, we are guaranteed to receive! (John 6: 37)
3) Blessed with all spiritual blessings! God has given us spiritual blessings in heavenly places. This shows just how much we are chosen in Christ. (Ephesians 1: 3-4)
4) We are a peculiar people. As children of God we are so special in Him and belong completely to Him. There’s nothing better than that!