Nature is something I enjoy spending time it. Spending time in nature helps me to continue and sharpen my observation and exploration abilities. Thoughts and reflections often come during those times that may not come at other times. The natural beauty of nature is catching to the eyes and therapy to the mind and soul.
Below are some highlighted lessons through nature.
1) Nature has natural art and creative tools all for free. When an artist and creative explores their outdoor surroundings, the scenery can become a toolbox. Leaves, rocks, flowers, other plants and almost anything you can find outside can be used for nature projects.
2) New discoveries can be found outdoors everyday. Those that have interests in nature and adventure often find and see what they have never seen before.
3) Nature is given to God’s creation to enjoy. Once this belief is embraced it can be experienced.
4) Outdoor creatures take full advantage of their environment. The creatures can often be seen gathering and hunting for what they need.
5) Nature isn’t always a pleasant sight or smell, but it’s real. Life is like this in the sense of not always having it all glamorous, but you can experience the realness(if that’s a word lol) of it.
January 22, 2017 marks two years of me blogging on ‘Life Adventures’. I have been blogging on my previous websites and online platforms years before this 2 year mark. Blogging is another avenue for my writing and has played a huge part in my development of the craft.
There are some lessons that I have learned through writing a blog and below are a few of the highlighted lessons for you to consider.
1) There is always something new to develop during the journey of blogging. When I started my blog I wanted to keep it basic and then as time passed I started adding to it until it developed into a website.
2) Your authentic voice reaches the right people who it’s meant to reach. In my blogging I’m learning to embrace my unique voice more and more.
3) Diverse ways of marketing blog posts is the best approach to reaching an audience. Researching and applying effective ways boosts your reach.
4) Your blog could be a beginning to something bigger. Sometimes when we start something we may think that’s what we will only be doing, until other things unfold from it.
5) Some topic ideas for your blog may come in unexpected ways. It is through daily encounters that ideas can come out of you.
6) Look out and be open for possible ways to grow your blog. The growth of blogging comes through openness to learn.
Bloggers, what are some lessons that you have learned through blogging?
Introduction: The intro gives a compelling upbeat of why the listener should listen to the message of the song. Titled song ‘LOVE’, briefly gives you an idea of the tune being about God’s love and how no other love compares to it.
Melody & Rhythm: The melody and rhythm are of a speedy paced nature and the instruments that are apart of the melody beautifully combines together.
Vocals: The singer’s vocals are smooth and powerful at the same time.
Instrumental & Digital Effects: The drums stand out in the background and enhances the song’s sound.
Structure of the Song: I think that the song was organized very well and neat. The track has been recorded with order and flows smoothly throughout the entire song.
Performance & Song Potential: I believe that the overall song is excellent and has been written, sung and recorded professionally. Love has the potential to reach a larger audience and to hit the top of the music charts.
Listen to ‘LOVE’ and more of Kwest’s music on YouTube. Click here to listen to ‘LOVE’.
The publishing and writing industry has great creative times and it also has challenges that comes with being a part of it. As a published author and writer, I’ve experienced both sides and have learned and am learning through the process of writing and publishing. Below are some highlighted lessons to consider on publishing.
1) Always have a detailed plan that includes a marketing strategy. Whether you write books, articles or blog posts – the message and information can reach its audience when its targeted to readers effectively.
2) Give yourself extra time for the planning and preparation stages. Sometimes delays happen beyond a person’s control and things go wrong. Having extra time allows enough time to make changes and be organized.
3) Don’t look for major results in the beginning of something new. The little results eventually build up over time. Give it time.
4) Don’t place the value of yourself and your work based on sales and approval of people. Money and popularity doesn’t determine the quality, it may just show how well liked and well received a person is. Even ones that are well liked and well received have people who don’t approve of them and what they are doing.
5) There’s always something new to learn and try in the publishing and writing industry. Always be open to learn and try new ways to grow as a writer and/or author.
What are some lessons have you learned through/about publishing?
Gospel Hip Hop Artist JayEss brings a message of hope and inspiration through rapping about everyday issues. JayEss is signed to independent record label company, Zoe Records. The rapper has been working on his upcoming project titled ‘7even’ that is soon to be released.
I’ve had the opportunity to interview JayEss and here’s what he had to say about his music and faith.
Q: Tell us a little about yourself.
A: For those who don’t know me, my name is JayEss, I’m a hip hop artist from East London and my message is speaking to everyday life issues.
Q: What inspired you to record these tracks?
A: As the days went by I started writing down things I saw on a daily basis and as time went on I had a body of work that could be moulded into a project.
Q: What inspires you to sing/rap?
A: Everyday life and hearing dope rappers.
Who are your musical inspirations?
A: Notorious B.I.G. is my number one, he’s the one that made me even attempt this art form for myself. I’m inspired by good music in general.
Q:Have you always enjoyed the art of music?
A: I only started appreciating it when I started rapping in 1999.
Q:What can we expect from you in the future?
A: I’m venturing into acting so you will see me in a few acting roles. I have my own film company so the majority of my music videos and short films are filmed in-house. Shout out to Billicity Media who have been great in creating visuals for my 7even project.
Q:What words of encouragement would you tell the aspiring singer/rapper that desires to begin a music career/ministry?
A: Believe in yourself and be yourself.
Q: If you could spend time with someone who you admire, who would that be? Why?
A: Sean Puffy Combs and Curtis Jackson and I’d pick their brains on business and how to stay consistent.
When did you start your faith journey?
A: My faith journey began in 2005 when I started following Christ off the back of a conversation with my friends for seven hours straight. My journey has had its ups and downs but that’s life. I prefer to follow the teachings of Christ than anyone else’s. His way of thinking, his morality and the love he showed for his fellow-man was beyond comprehension.
Q:Did you have any challenges that you personally overcame? How did you overcome those challenges?
A: I overcame getting over my ex that was a nightmare lol.
Q:Any additional comments that you would like to add?
A: If you’re following Christ then study him.
To stay connected with JayEss,connect with him on Facebook by clicking here http://bit.ly/28YKA7J and/or through following him on Twitter @JayEssonline .
Gratitude is thankfulness from the heart. It’s a choice to give thanks and praise no matter what is going on or not going on. There is much to learn and experience through thanksgiving. Below are some highlights to consider on gratitude.
1) Gratitude gives a refreshing boost of energy. Have you ever thought of something that you were thankful for and it poured a fresh supply of inspiration, motivation and illumination? It’s nothing like a pour of innovation.
2) Changes your perspective. You move from a place of devastation to a place of opportunity and vision. What’s important becomes your focus.
3) Enlightens in the midst of darkness. There are times where all we see is pain, negativity and frustration. Then acts of gratitude brings knowledge and insight to the circumstances.
4) Changes the atmosphere. That doesn’t mean everything becomes perfect and spectacular. Thankfulness brings the presence of calmness and serenity.
5) Gratefulness recognizes that even the little victories play a part in the bigger picture.Little things can have a big importance in development.
Life offers golden solitude moments. Moments of discovery and exploration. To be intentional in finding the joyous gifts of the present. This summer for me has been an interesting and a needed learning experience of many things. We have to always be ready for the unplanned and interruptions that flutter near. Below are a few highlights to consider.
Solitude is a gift to be alive in. This is an opportunity to listen, feel, see and taste the lively and lovely splendor.
Silence reveals many wonders. When we stop to be silent and allow the beauty to soak outwardly and inwardly we can experience the amazement and grandeur of simplicity.
Envision and evoke your venture. Where do you want to head to? What do you want to do? What is meaningful and full of life to you?
Risks are sometimes worth exploring. Not every risk we should take, but not every chance should we ignore. What possible goodness or greatness can come out of this? What is holding me back from at least trying or finding out more about it?
How is your summer going? What is your summer story saying? What are you doing this summer?
I was walking home from town and as I was enjoying the walk, this lady that saw me grow up came in passing. She asked me, ‘Where are you working now?’ I told her that I’m just doing freelance writing part-time. Every time someone asks me are you working or something close to it, I have that dread feeling of discontent. The lady stopped me in my tracks and poured lots of encouragement and wisdom on me. Little did I know my walk home would lead me on a message concerning the art and beauty within me. This messenger encouraged me to dig deeper with my writing and to explore art more. She built me up with words that there is a lot within me and that I need to not focus on what’s going on around me. As she continued in her words, she told me not to think lowly of myself because I’m not doing the traditional living of where people expect us to be and how we should do things. Once again I was encouraged to create my own establishment of art.
Some may not know, but I’ve been interested in and explored various kinds of art. Art such as performing arts, fine arts and writing. Being creative is beautiful! We should never be ashamed of our artistry and we must learn to embrace it. Regardless of our circumstances. Art is beauty within that sparkles outwardly in many forms. What art do have in you? Are you embracing the artistry within? Sometimes we wait to see what happens or we may have a lack of courage or motivation because of what we think we don’t have. With God we have everything that we could have never imagined. Taking small steps and then bigger ones will lead us on a brighter path. There is no limit to our art! Embrace your artistry!