A lifestyle of prayer is developed over time as we grow in our relationship with God. Each person’s prayer life is personal and between them and the Lord. In Matthew 6, the Lord’s prayer is an outline and example of how we should pray. Praying is not for show of how much spiritual one is neither is it for competition to be better than the next person.
God knows the things that we need, so when we pray we can have assurance that God hears and knows before we even ask Him. Below is our highlighted prayer point and some points to consider about it.
Prayer Point: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
1) God Our Father: A father protects, provides and cares for their child or children.
2) Acknowledge: When we pray we can acknowledge that God is our Father and who He is to us as our Heavenly Father.
- El Shaddai – The Almighty God(Genesis 17:1)
- El Elyon – The Most High God(Genesis 14:18)
- Adonai – Lord God(Genesis 15:2)
- Yahweh – Lord(Genesis 2:4)
- Jehovah Nissi – God is My Banner(Exodus 17:15)
- Jehovah Raah – God is My Shepherd(Psalm 23:1)
- Jehovah Rapha – God Heals(Exodus 15:26)
- Jehovah Shammah – The Lord is There(Ezekiel 48: 35)
- Jehovah Tsidkenu – The Lord Our Righteousness(Jeremiah 23: 6)
- Jehovah Mekoddishkem -The Lord Who Sanctifies(Exodus 31:13)
- El Olam – The Everlasting God(Genesis 21:33)
- Elohim – God(Genesis 1:1)
- Qanna – Jealous God(Exodus 20:5)
- Jehovah Jireh – God is My Provider(Genesis 22:14)
- Jehovah Shalom- God is My Peace(Judges 6:24)
- Jehovah Sabaoth – The Lord of Hosts(1Samuel 1:3)
Meditation: God I acknowledge you as my Father. You are El Shaddai who is almighty and powerful in every way. Most High God thank you for your sovereignty that is over everything. Lord you are my Master who reigns and rules. God you are my banner and you cover me victoriously. Lord you promised to be my shepherd therefore I know you will care for me. Jehovah Rapha you are healing me cause you are the greatest physician that never stops running out. Lord you are always there when I need you and you will never abandon me. God you are our righteousness who washes us from all unrighteousness. Everlasting Father you are my only God and therefore I will worship you alone. God my provider you promised to provide for me therefore you will also be my peace. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!