Prayer is a spiritual discipline that all believers and Christ followers must exercise and operate in. There are many kinds of prayers including warfare, declaration, intercession, confession, and thanksgiving. There are various lessons and instructions in the bible teaching us how to pray.
We must keep our connection with God and one of the most effective ways of doing so is through talking with Him and sitting to listen to what He is saying to us. Interceding on behalf of others is something that needs to be a priority in our lives and it must become a godly habit to look out for the next person. Below are some highlighted lessons from prayer to consider.
1) Passionate prayers from the righteous are of great advantage(James 5:16). Do you take pleasure in talking to the Lord? Are you enthusiastic about coming before the Lord in prayer? It’s not about what we show outwardly, but more with what’s truly taking place inwardly.
2) To obtain the mercy and grace we need, we must come boldly before God(Hebrews 4:16). Boldness displays our courage and confidence in God. When we come boldly before God we step up in the midst of whatever is going on and believe in God to do what He promised He will do.
3) We must make every effort to get our heart right with God. There are hindrances that become road blocks in our prayer life and become barriers from us seeing the manifestation of what God desires to manifest amongst His creation. Any sin, holding on to offense, disobedience and nursing of wounds(instead of allowing God’s healing to flow) can cause delays and interruptions along the way.
4) Praying God’s will which is in His word will accomplish much(Isaiah 55: 11). Nothing beats praying the will of God. During our prayer time we must get rid of or throw out any unscriptural opinions or ungodly requests.
5) Be specific in your requests, expressions and petitions. It’s ok to tell God exactly what’s on your heart and mind. Yes, He already knows, but He wants us to give Him our all and that includes our cares and concerns.
How has the power of prayer impacted your life? What are some lessons that you have learned through praying?
During this time of holy week, we take the time to reflect and express gratitude for the greatest sacrifice our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ done on the cross. In this world many make so many sacrifices to help themselves, their families and others, but not one earthly sacrifice can compare to this highest sacrifice. I don’t think we as humans can fully comprehend Christ’s love for us. Below are some highlighted points to consider about this greatest sacrifice.
1) Humility was displayed so that we could have beyond what we deserved. This sacrifice took humility. Jesus laid down His life so that we can experience abundant and enteral life. He put aside himself , his feelings and all the suffering He endured.
2) Jesus suffered in pain so that we could receive healing. The lashes on His body and all the pain He was put in He embraced it so that when we are sick or hurting physically, emotionally, spiritually and mentally we can experience the healing that came through His stripes.
3) He took on the shame so that we could be forgiven. It was all those that put Him up on the cross that sinned and all of His human creation who sinned and deserved death and hell. Jesus was laughed at, mocked and accused of things that He didn’t do. He was willing to go through all of those things so that our sins won’t be held and counted against us.
4) Jesus felt and experienced on the cross everything we would feel, go through and so much more than anybody could suffer. The bible says Jesus is acquainted with grief. He knows what it’s like to be rejected, hated, and betrayed.
5) All those who believe and receive Jesus has something so magnificent that they will receive FREELY that this world could never give them. For those that continue to refuse Jesus and what He has freely done for them, the good things on this earth will just be it for them. Those that receive Jesus and accept the free gift of salvation has something much more meaningful, precious and worthwhile to look forward to beyond the good things on this earth.
Sometimes my passion is at a high, other times its at a low and sometimes it seems to disappear. Passion with all it’s brightness and love works along with zeal to assist with the outcome of something. What is your passion? Where is your passion?
Often times our passion needs to be rekindled by the power of God. When our passion seems to be at a low or not even there we can feel like we are depleted, ineffective and messed up. We may have some questions like, how did I get here? What did I do wrong? Will this ever change? Below are some highlights to consider in rekindling passion.
Reach Up: Worship that is persistent will do powerful things. It will lift one from the dumps, to desperation and then to deliverance. When we feel like our passion is no longer there we have to move beyond what we are going through and reach up to God.
Reach In: What is that desire or longing that we have? Look inwardly and see why we have it? Is it something good or godly? Where can these longings be filled? The truth is when we are deeply longing for something, that is our time to pursue God more, spend more time with Him and seek for more of Him.
Reach Out: It is important that when our passion is at a low or seems to be gone, we must reach out to others. We must become more aware and see who we can touch, help, inspire, talk with and fellowship with.
How is your passion for life and purpose doing? What are some ways do you seek to rekindle passion?