I’ve experienced identity theft on more than one occasion. The first time it happened it was scary cause I didn’t know who and how the person was able to pretend to be me and get access to what money I did have. What else would they do with my private information? I don’t give my private information to people so how did this even happen?
Thankfully I got what they stole back and more. Not long after I got a blessing greater than what they took. Below are some highlighted lessons to consider on identity theft.
1) Satan is the chief thief behind identity theft. The devil is the deceiver that wants to take away everything valuable on the inside of us, bring to an end any form of life and destroy that which he can get access to. In whatever way he does it, he is seeking his way to gain entry.
2) Even the slightest information can leak online and offline for someone to use for corrupt reasons. Be extra careful in managing your private information. Keep alert of your online and offline activity.
3) We must practice to be led by the Holy Spirit in whatever we get involved with. When something seems not right, don’t be hasty and desperate to do it anyway.
4) Identity deception is rooted in insecurity and discontentment. Everyone has insecurities and have experienced dissatisfaction at some time, but trying to steal a person’s identity is one of the ways that show it has gotten out of control.
5) Our spiritual identity is secure in Christ. When we are in Christ, there’s nothing and no one that can take away who we are in Him.
Have you experienced identity theft? What lessons have you learned through or about identity theft?