January 22, 2017 marks two years of me blogging on ‘Life Adventures’. I have been blogging on my previous websites and online platforms years before this 2 year mark. Blogging is another avenue for my writing and has played a huge part in my development of the craft.
There are some lessons that I have learned through writing a blog and below are a few of the highlighted lessons for you to consider.
1) There is always something new to develop during the journey of blogging. When I started my blog I wanted to keep it basic and then as time passed I started adding to it until it developed into a website.
2) Your authentic voice reaches the right people who it’s meant to reach. In my blogging I’m learning to embrace my unique voice more and more.
3) Diverse ways of marketing blog posts is the best approach to reaching an audience. Researching and applying effective ways boosts your reach.
4) Your blog could be a beginning to something bigger. Sometimes when we start something we may think that’s what we will only be doing, until other things unfold from it.
5) Some topic ideas for your blog may come in unexpected ways. It is through daily encounters that ideas can come out of you.
6) Look out and be open for possible ways to grow your blog. The growth of blogging comes through openness to learn.
Bloggers, what are some lessons that you have learned through blogging?
Introduction: The intro gives a compelling upbeat of why the listener should listen to the message of the song. Titled song ‘LOVE’, briefly gives you an idea of the tune being about God’s love and how no other love compares to it.
Melody & Rhythm: The melody and rhythm are of a speedy paced nature and the instruments that are apart of the melody beautifully combines together.
Vocals: The singer’s vocals are smooth and powerful at the same time.
Instrumental & Digital Effects: The drums stand out in the background and enhances the song’s sound.
Structure of the Song: I think that the song was organized very well and neat. The track has been recorded with order and flows smoothly throughout the entire song.
Performance & Song Potential: I believe that the overall song is excellent and has been written, sung and recorded professionally. Love has the potential to reach a larger audience and to hit the top of the music charts.
Listen to ‘LOVE’ and more of Kwest’s music on YouTube. Click here to listen to ‘LOVE’.
Gratitude is thankfulness from the heart. It’s a choice to give thanks and praise no matter what is going on or not going on. There is much to learn and experience through thanksgiving. Below are some highlights to consider on gratitude.
1) Gratitude gives a refreshing boost of energy. Have you ever thought of something that you were thankful for and it poured a fresh supply of inspiration, motivation and illumination? It’s nothing like a pour of innovation.
2) Changes your perspective. You move from a place of devastation to a place of opportunity and vision. What’s important becomes your focus.
3) Enlightens in the midst of darkness. There are times where all we see is pain, negativity and frustration. Then acts of gratitude brings knowledge and insight to the circumstances.
4) Changes the atmosphere. That doesn’t mean everything becomes perfect and spectacular. Thankfulness brings the presence of calmness and serenity.
5) Gratefulness recognizes that even the little victories play a part in the bigger picture. Little things can have a big importance in development.
Life offers golden solitude moments. Moments of discovery and exploration. To be intentional in finding the joyous gifts of the present. This summer for me has been an interesting and a needed learning experience of many things. We have to always be ready for the unplanned and interruptions that flutter near. Below are a few highlights to consider.
Solitude is a gift to be alive in. This is an opportunity to listen, feel, see and taste the lively and lovely splendor.
Silence reveals many wonders. When we stop to be silent and allow the beauty to soak outwardly and inwardly we can experience the amazement and grandeur of simplicity.
Envision and evoke your venture. Where do you want to head to? What do you want to do? What is meaningful and full of life to you?
Risks are sometimes worth exploring. Not every risk we should take, but not every chance should we ignore. What possible goodness or greatness can come out of this? What is holding me back from at least trying or finding out more about it?
How is your summer going? What is your summer story saying? What are you doing this summer?
Loneliness… that fog of isolation and insecurity that pours into the heart, mind and soul. You try to change it and escape it, but every time you’re back at that place of emotional distress. Everyone has felt lonely at some point. Some experience it at a greater intensity than others and some even to the extreme. Whichever way a person does, it affects our lives, relationships and even lifestyles. Loneliness can be felt in solitude and it can be felt when around others. I believe the worst feeling and most painful ache is when we are around other people and it won’t go away.
When the laughing and talking surrounds you, but somehow you just have trouble getting in the mix and you always seem to be an outsider. You don’t fit in anywhere or in most cases you appear to be an outcast or loner. To some they may express for you to get over it or brush it off as if they don’t care or it don’t matter to them. I speak and write out for the speakless and writeless.
Loneliness can be very painful. It’s not a sin to feel lonely, but sin can be committed during the experience – if a person yields or gives in to it. Some experience it for a period of time in their lives and others it seems like a never-ending cycle. Below are a few words and lessons to consider.
1) Only God can really meet that need of satisfaction, intimacy, fulfillment and joy. No matter what, anything outside of God will never bring completeness and will have its imperfections and disappointments.
2) Empty and deep voids help display that we have a need that only the Savior can fill. It is through this void the Lord can show his power, strength and provision.
3) Reach out to other people who show signs of loneliness. You can’t remove their pain, but sometimes the person having a listening ear or just someone to keep them pleasant company helps. If we see something and we can help, why not?
4) Distract and throw out negative thoughts. This is something we all have to work on. Satan attacks every human mind. He can use something that may be true to trap and tangle us up.
5) Feeling and experiencing things are apart of being human and living on earth. We can’t escape discomfort, pain and other unpleasant happenings, but we can learn lessons through them. Growth comes through learning and applying.
I enjoy reading. Not just because I love writing. Reading has a lot of valuable nuggets and tokens that can stir up exploration in many forms. Words are very effective and can have either a positive or negative impact on a person. Below are 5 ways reading can affect us in a positive light.
We can learn a lot just by reading. There are things that we never saw or known of that can educate us to try something different or understand another point of view. It’s good to expand our reading on various topics where we can get knowledge from. Perhaps we can discover uncommon findings in our adventure of reading. There are things we can learn about people, places, health, morals, relationships and more.
2) Vocabulary Builder
Not only English enthusiasts can benefit from building up their vocabulary, but everyday English speakers can build on the kinds of words they communicate with others as well. Reading is a great source for vocabulary building. As a writer and person I find reading helpful when it comes to learning new words. When I see a new word in a book or article, most times I would look it up in the dictionary for its meaning if need be. There are sometimes I would see or hear a word that I’m not sure of and it would be bothering me to find out about it. And when I do I often would already be familiar with the meaning of the word.
I have been inspired just by reading books, articles, blogs, devotionals and more. A sign on the street can be a spark of inspiration. Reading is not limited to long texts, but even one word or phrase can be enough to digest and think on. There are some things that I’ve read that has encouraged and helped me on my journey. What book(s) have made a difference in your life? How can you use it to help others in return?
Stressed? Tired? Grab a book! There are many books, articles, comics and magazines that offer entertainment and fun. Clean, fun and positive reading can be a great source to chew on. Why not relax, read and refresh all in one?
I have gotten writing ideas and other forms of activity ideas just by reading. You can create, remake and cultivate through those conceptions. Look for ideas when reading and you never know what may come out of them when you carefully try them.
What effects has reading had on you lately? How will you use them for a great cause?
I was walking home from town and as I was enjoying the walk, this lady that saw me grow up came in passing. She asked me, ‘Where are you working now?’ I told her that I’m just doing freelance writing part-time. Every time someone asks me are you working or something close to it, I have that dread feeling of discontent. The lady stopped me in my tracks and poured lots of encouragement and wisdom on me. Little did I know my walk home would lead me on a message concerning the art and beauty within me. This messenger encouraged me to dig deeper with my writing and to explore art more. She built me up with words that there is a lot within me and that I need to not focus on what’s going on around me. As she continued in her words, she told me not to think lowly of myself because I’m not doing the traditional living of where people expect us to be and how we should do things. Once again I was encouraged to create my own establishment of art.
Some may not know, but I’ve been interested in and explored various kinds of art. Art such as performing arts, fine arts and writing. Being creative is beautiful! We should never be ashamed of our artistry and we must learn to embrace it. Regardless of our circumstances. Art is beauty within that sparkles outwardly in many forms. What art do have in you? Are you embracing the artistry within? Sometimes we wait to see what happens or we may have a lack of courage or motivation because of what we think we don’t have. With God we have everything that we could have never imagined. Taking small steps and then bigger ones will lead us on a brighter path. There is no limit to our art! Embrace your artistry!