We all face temptation from within and coming from Satan the tempter. It is not a sin to be tempted, the sin is giving in to the temptation.
In my transperency I can say that there are temptaions that hit my weak areas and sometimes I fall short and feel shame all around. I’ve learned to always get up after a fall and surrender my will to God’s will.
Never is it smooth or easy, but I have developed a strong prayer life that causes me to triumph over temptations. I’m nowhere near perfect, I just allow the Perfect One to shape me and mold me into what He wants me to be.
Below are some points to consider on overcoming temptation through prayer.
Prayer Point: “And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. ” (Matthew 6: 13)
1) Temptations test our faith, humbles us to depend on God and revelas what is in our heart. (Deuteronomy 8: 2 & 3)
When our faith is tested it is meant to perfect us. In our falling short we realize that we are not able to make it without God. The conditions of our heart becomes clear when we are tempted.
2) Temptations are meant to teach us and build our spiritual muscles. (Judges 3: 1,2)
Spiritual warfare is unavoidable for the believer. We are to fight against demonic spirits, wickedness in high places and principalities. Through temptations we learn strategies and how to apply biblical principals to our lives.
3) Temptations are meant to increase us and lead us into inheritance.(Exodus 23: 29, 30)
4) Temptations are meant to remove impurities,develop patience and improve us.(James 1: 2 – 4)
5) Temptations provide an opportunity to walk in victory and defeat the devil.(Matthew 4: 1- 11)
One of the greatest hindrances that can happen on our prayer journey is holding on to grudges, hurts and offenses. No one is exempt from being hurt and mistreated. In fact often times hurt is a cycle where those who have deeply hurt us are deeply hurting and pass that hurt on to the next person. Forgiveness isn’t so easy when there is a wound that seems to have no time to heal before another thing hits hard. But that doesn’t mean forgiveness isn’t possible. In fact the cross shows us forgiveness is possible! On our own and in our flesh we can be enslaved to hurt, pain and offense. But with all that Christ has done for us we can be free to forgive. Below are some highlighted points to consider on giving and receiving mercy and grace.
Prayer Point: “Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.”(Matthew 6: 12)
Receiving mercy and grace: Sin is a debt that we as humans cannot pay. But there is a loving Savior who is without sin that was sent to earth to pay that debt. Jesus suffered, died, rose and ascended into heaven all for us; in spite of our shortcomings. So when we pray for mercy and grace the gift of forgiveness replaces the captivity of sin and death(spiritual death). We are not under the curse of the law as some were in the bible times, but we have been redeemed! Hallelujah! Jesus became that curse for us so that we can be free!!! (Galatians 3:13)He thought that much about us to go through what mankind deserved.
Giving mercy and grace: Giving goes far beyond just visual and physical means. Forgiveness is a choice in the sense that we can choose to give and receive or we can choose to not give and not receive. We have to choose to surrender our heart, attitude and actions to God’s will in order to be transformed from being enslaved to hurt, pain and offense to being liberated to extend grace and mercy. In our human minds we will at times remember the hurt, pain and offense, but right there and then we can respond in that grace and mercy. We can tell ourselves “Grace covered that!” “Mercy has got that!”
May we be receivers of mercy and grace and be givers of mercy and grace!
Declaration: I receive grace and mercy into my heart and I give grace and mercy from my heart.
Introduction: The intro gives a compelling upbeat of why the listener should listen to the message of the song. Titled song ‘LOVE’, briefly gives you an idea of the tune being about God’s love and how no other love compares to it.
Melody & Rhythm: The melody and rhythm are of a speedy paced nature and the instruments that are apart of the melody beautifully combines together.
Vocals: The singer’s vocals are smooth and powerful at the same time.
Instrumental & Digital Effects: The drums stand out in the background and enhances the song’s sound.
Structure of the Song: I think that the song was organized very well and neat. The track has been recorded with order and flows smoothly throughout the entire song.
Performance & Song Potential: I believe that the overall song is excellent and has been written, sung and recorded professionally. Love has the potential to reach a larger audience and to hit the top of the music charts.
Listen to ‘LOVE’ and more of Kwest’s music on YouTube. Click here to listen to ‘LOVE’.
As we continue in our lifestyle of prayer, another focus we can put into practice is to petition for ourselves and for others. Simply meaning making requests and asking God to move on our behalf concerning personal and public matters to do with yourself, family, friends, body of Christ , government and the world. Below is our prayer point and highlighted points to consider.
Prayer Point: Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
What is God’s Kingdom?: According to Romans 14:17, the Kingdom of God is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost.
How is God’s will done in earth?: Through willing people. Whoever is available to be used by Him.
Meditation: Abba Father, I pray that your righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost be manifested in my life, family, friends, body of Christ and in this entire world. Father I pray that we will be yielding vessels that are available for your will to be done through us and in us. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
I want to encourage everyone to continue to petition as the Holy Spirit leads them. Sometimes God will place specific people and situations on our hearts to intercede on. We must always keep ourselves covered in the powerful blood of Jesus. Those attacks and schemes of the enemy that come after servants of God, prayer warriors and intercessors petition can sometimes be dangerous to the mind, spirit and body. War in Jesus against evil forces and remember the blood of Jesus will never fail you!
Every person wants to have a certain level of being accepted and chosen at some point. Maybe you have a heart desire, dream and vision. Things may seem like a HUGE X everywhere you go and look. Well guess what? There’s an acceptance and chosen place for you! No matter how much others may dismiss you or not see/embrace the potential and jewels inside of you. Below are some highlighted points on being accepted and chosen in Christ.
1) God gave His ONLY Son for you! God accepts you and wants you so much that He gave up something so precious and greater than us so that we can have everlasting life.(John 3:16)
2) Our Heavenly Father will never cast us out when we come to Him and we will receive all that He gives us. This is great news that in Christ we are never casted out, thrown out and pushed aside. All the Father gives, we are guaranteed to receive! (John 6: 37)
3) Blessed with all spiritual blessings! God has given us spiritual blessings in heavenly places. This shows just how much we are chosen in Christ. (Ephesians 1: 3-4)
4) We are a peculiar people. As children of God we are so special in Him and belong completely to Him. There’s nothing better than that!
During this time of holy week, we take the time to reflect and express gratitude for the greatest sacrifice our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ done on the cross. In this world many make so many sacrifices to help themselves, their families and others, but not one earthly sacrifice can compare to this highest sacrifice. I don’t think we as humans can fully comprehend Christ’s love for us. Below are some highlighted points to consider about this greatest sacrifice.
1) Humility was displayed so that we could have beyond what we deserved. This sacrifice took humility. Jesus laid down His life so that we can experience abundant and enteral life. He put aside himself , his feelings and all the suffering He endured.
2) Jesus suffered in pain so that we could receive healing. The lashes on His body and all the pain He was put in He embraced it so that when we are sick or hurting physically, emotionally, spiritually and mentally we can experience the healing that came through His stripes.
3) He took on the shame so that we could be forgiven. It was all those that put Him up on the cross that sinned and all of His human creation who sinned and deserved death and hell. Jesus was laughed at, mocked and accused of things that He didn’t do. He was willing to go through all of those things so that our sins won’t be held and counted against us.
4) Jesus felt and experienced on the cross everything we would feel, go through and so much more than anybody could suffer. The bible says Jesus is acquainted with grief. He knows what it’s like to be rejected, hated, and betrayed.
5) All those who believe and receive Jesus has something so magnificent that they will receive FREELY that this world could never give them. For those that continue to refuse Jesus and what He has freely done for them, the good things on this earth will just be it for them. Those that receive Jesus and accept the free gift of salvation has something much more meaningful, precious and worthwhile to look forward to beyond the good things on this earth.