Introduction: The intro gives a compelling upbeat of why the listener should listen to the message of the song. Titled song ‘LOVE’, briefly gives you an idea of the tune being about God’s love and how no other love compares to it.
Melody & Rhythm: The melody and rhythm are of a speedy paced nature and the instruments that are apart of the melody beautifully combines together.
Vocals: The singer’s vocals are smooth and powerful at the same time.
Instrumental & Digital Effects: The drums stand out in the background and enhances the song’s sound.
Structure of the Song: I think that the song was organized very well and neat. The track has been recorded with order and flows smoothly throughout the entire song.
Performance & Song Potential: I believe that the overall song is excellent and has been written, sung and recorded professionally. Love has the potential to reach a larger audience and to hit the top of the music charts.
Listen to ‘LOVE’ and more of Kwest’s music on YouTube. Click here to listen to ‘LOVE’.
Literacy has an important position and role in our communities and world. When I think of literacy I think of books and reading. Growing up reading was one of my favorite activities to do, especially reading creative stories. I still enjoy reading even up to this present time. There are many ways in which literature functions in life. Whether it’s in a classroom, library, house, workplace or any other location, it still remains information and knowledge. Below are some highlighted lessons to consider on literacy.
1) Communication and the comprehension of it can be developed through many kinds of reading and different kinds of writing. We communicate in various ways including talking, listening and the way we act. Language is a strong part in how we communicate. What we say, how we listen and what we write all has a part in the process.
2) Writing promotes literacy. Every time a writer writes and shares their writing they encourage others to read, communicate and connect in some form.
3) Literacy is for everyone. Whether a person likes/dislikes to read and write and/or is strong/not strong in reading and writing, we all need it for everyday life and while it doesn’t have to be everyone’s favorite thing to do we can make it interesting in creative ways.
4) Literacy can be in the form of pictures and music. Images and music communicates a message, sound or information when we view and listen closely and thoroughly.
5) Literacy affects every area of living on earth and the quality of life. The attention we give literacy in whatever form can bring the change and increase we need in earthly living.
What lessons have you learned through/about literacy?
Gospel Hip Hop Artist JayEss brings a message of hope and inspiration through rapping about everyday issues. JayEss is signed to independent record label company, Zoe Records. The rapper has been working on his upcoming project titled ‘7even’ that is soon to be released.
I’ve had the opportunity to interview JayEss and here’s what he had to say about his music and faith.
Q: Tell us a little about yourself.
A: For those who don’t know me, my name is JayEss, I’m a hip hop artist from East London and my message is speaking to everyday life issues.
Q: What inspired you to record these tracks?
A: As the days went by I started writing down things I saw on a daily basis and as time went on I had a body of work that could be moulded into a project.
Q: What inspires you to sing/rap?
A: Everyday life and hearing dope rappers.
Who are your musical inspirations?
A: Notorious B.I.G. is my number one, he’s the one that made me even attempt this art form for myself. I’m inspired by good music in general.
Q:Have you always enjoyed the art of music?
A: I only started appreciating it when I started rapping in 1999.
Q:What can we expect from you in the future?
A: I’m venturing into acting so you will see me in a few acting roles. I have my own film company so the majority of my music videos and short films are filmed in-house. Shout out to Billicity Media who have been great in creating visuals for my 7even project.
Q:What words of encouragement would you tell the aspiring singer/rapper that desires to begin a music career/ministry?
A: Believe in yourself and be yourself.
Q: If you could spend time with someone who you admire, who would that be? Why?
A: Sean Puffy Combs and Curtis Jackson and I’d pick their brains on business and how to stay consistent.
When did you start your faith journey?
A: My faith journey began in 2005 when I started following Christ off the back of a conversation with my friends for seven hours straight. My journey has had its ups and downs but that’s life. I prefer to follow the teachings of Christ than anyone else’s. His way of thinking, his morality and the love he showed for his fellow-man was beyond comprehension.
Q:Did you have any challenges that you personally overcame? How did you overcome those challenges?
A: I overcame getting over my ex that was a nightmare lol.
Q:Any additional comments that you would like to add?
A: If you’re following Christ then study him.
To stay connected with JayEss,connect with him on Facebook by clicking here http://bit.ly/28YKA7J and/or through following him on Twitter @JayEssonline .
I love, love and love gospel music. I’m not ashamed to say that either. I was exposed to lots of it as a kid. It’s nothing like that JESUS music. That uplifting, soulful and in the spirit music! Here are 6 of my tops that I’ve been listening to lately.
1) Imagine Me by Kirk Franklin: I’ve always enjoyed Kirk Franklin’s music since I was a kid and could relate with them in different ways.
2) Still Able by James Fortune & FIYA: This song is very encouraging and reminds me once again that God is still able no matter how things look.
3) He Knows My Name by Francesca Battistelli: I first heard this song on Christian radio and absolutely love it. This song speaks volumes, beyond what I can explain how.
4) Dwell in Me by Shayla Woods: I have this beautiful song on iTunes and it just takes me to that sweet worship place. I remember when I first heard it, I couldn’t stop playing the song. 🙂 So glad that I know Shayla and am very proud of her and happy for all that she is doing.
5) Finish Strong by Jonathan Nelson: One of those upbeat songs that will have you dancing on your feet. I’ll finish strong!
6) I Win by Marvin Sapp: This is another song that when I first heard it, I ended up playing it over and over. A very inspiring song to listen to!
Music is very therapeutic and calming to me. What are some gospel songs that you are currently listening to?
Have you ever listened to a song and each time you listened you want to hear it more and more? It’s like you could sit there for hours and listen to that ONE song and do nothing else. The words are deeply sinking within and the tune will continually nod your head. Well I have and I’m sure many more too. Music is relaxing to the mind and is therapy that speaks to the soul. Many people like to listen to music they can relate to. What kind of music do you enjoy listening to? Having a music party with a marathon of songs is a great way to relax and have fun. What do you love about music?